Time for some light humour to give everyone a giggle for the day. The Mumbai Mirror has published a compilation of the most bizarre airline passenger requests, as uncovered by Aneesh Phadnis who spoke to crew members.
- “Slow down, plane’s going too fast”. A passenger looking at the monitor was so petrified, he demanded the plane be slowed down. A crew member said, “He was unaware about cruising speeds. We told him he was in safe hands and yet, he insisted on speaking to the pilot.”
- “Need to spit, open the windows”. A passenger chewing tobacco wanted to spit. A crew member said, “We explained that cabin is pressurised and windows cannot be opened.”
- Sleeping in overhead luggage compartment. A cabin crew on board Cathay Pacific Airline’s Hong Kong-Mumbai flight encountered a passenger who insisted on sleeping in the overhead luggage storage compartment. Post dinner, he climbed on his seat and tried getting into the storage compartment, thinking that planes have two or three tiers of beds like trains do.
- “Phone please, kids are waiting”. A senior flight attendant of Air India said, “This request has come a few times, especially from senior citizens. Passengers see the crew members using intercom handsets on the flight and mistake them to be telephones. The handsets are used by crew to communicate among themselves or with pilots, and for announcements. We have to explain the usage.”
- “Where’s my oxygen mask?” On a Kingfisher Airlines international flight from Mumbai, a couple wanted to know what time the overhead oxygen masks would pop down. The bemused air hostess explained that oxygen masks come down only if the cabin is experiencing lack of pressure.
© 2011, Diary of a White Indian Housewife. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
Related Posts You May Like:
PLAN YOUR TRIP WITH 1500+ TRAVEL PARTNERS, 100% CUSTOMISED