Funny India Photo: National School of Decency

by Sharell शारेल on February 4, 2013

in Snapshots of India

Post image for Funny India Photo: National School of Decency

Here’s another reason why I love Odisha — decency is important there. Important enough to have a National School of Decency. Even better, it’s part of an International Indecency Prevention Movement. That’s essential, because we all know indecency comes from the wicked west!

© Copyright Sharell शारेल, Diary of a White Indian Housewife 2008-2014. All Rights Reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.

Madhur February 4, 2013 at 11:22 pm

lol .. Nice observation ! :D

Sharell शारेल February 5, 2013 at 12:13 am

I had to look a few times to make sure it was real, and nearly missed it as the car was moving!

Sab February 5, 2013 at 12:57 am

lol! Need of the hour! BTW Social Studies and Civil science are part of mid n high school curriculum in Tamil Nadu!

Manny February 5, 2013 at 2:03 am

Just the school for you Sharell! Don’t miss the opportunity while you are there..

Get yourself enrolled..Please!

:P

Sharell शारेल February 5, 2013 at 2:36 am

Hahaha, maybe I’m beyond help, Manny! ;-)

Anand February 5, 2013 at 3:50 am

gotta luv ur honesty though…lol

Sharell शारेल February 6, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I may be indecent but I’m not delusional! :-P

Anand February 6, 2013 at 6:19 pm

haha..honesty is not indecent…certainly one should not be delusional…atleast you dont fool yourself…

u have ur camera always on while u r in a trip ? nice catch though..

vikd February 5, 2013 at 10:07 am

and just next to it is a hoarding of Incredible India!..haha truly incredible.

Sumit khanduri February 5, 2013 at 7:52 pm

hahaha wow i didn’t know that… amazing!!

inaie February 6, 2013 at 4:52 pm

I would love to know what they teach at the school

Sharell शारेल February 6, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Oh me too!

umots February 9, 2013 at 10:30 pm

I found their site. They even have a book describing their philosophies –> http://iipmsovaniya.org/iipm%20book.htm

Twenty page of reading that dribble and I wanted my gouge eyes out. Anyway, the school isn’t what I’m going to have sleepless nights about. What we should be more concerned is – what if the men and women who graduate from this ‘school’ find themselves in the real world (where indecency is more fun)? Would they feel duped and get back at their school? Or would they plot horrid way to ‘punish’ us ‘indecent’ folks?

Sharell शारेल February 9, 2013 at 10:52 pm

“Way to Blissful Reformation” “A Movement of Introspection and Self Purification”

Wow!

Even the Chief Minister of Orissa supports it in an extract of his speech provided in the book. He hopes the institution will be the pride of Orissa one day! And it was half naked vulgar dancing girls in Mumbai that inspired the founder to start the movement.

umots February 9, 2013 at 10:30 pm

*I wanted to gouge my eyes out

Sandeep February 6, 2013 at 8:47 pm

The school was founded in 1962 and now has a website as well

Kumar Bhai , the Founder and Chief Director who was a talented writer, poet, orator, actor, director, educationist, social worker and philosopher got the idea of this Movement when he prevented a half-naked dance-program of a girl in a stage at Bombay, was stoned but at last was able to change the dancing girl’s heart . She promised never to dance to such intoxicating vulgar dance any more.

He first toured through different School and Colleges of India and presented high standard instructive but entertaining Solo-acting programs in English, Hindi , Oriya and Bengali and requested all to prevent indecency in art, literature, drama and film . He was earning them Rupees three hundred per hour for his solo acting performance and he was acting for three to four hours nonstop. He delivered a message every where “Change literature, art, drama and films. Our thinking process will change and so the society”. Late padmashri Dr. Laxmi Narayan Sahoo, a member of the servants of India Society came for starting a movement, after hearing his speech.

On the 8th of April 1962, which was the sixteenth birthday of Kumar Bhai , Late Dr. Sahoo organized a Meeting at Cuttack Shri Ramachandra Bhavan to declare the start of Bhai’s Unhealthy Literature, Art, Drama, Film Prevention Movement. Dr. P.K. parija the then Vice-Chancellor of Utkal University presided over the Function.

Kumar Bhai toured through out the country and preached his programmes.

Great noble persons like Vinobajee, Dr. S. Radhakrishana, Dr. K.M. Munshi blessed the Movement. Bhai made padayatra through the villages and SELF-PURFICATION PROGRAM was introduced.

Interest was marked in Foreign Countries for the Movement. Vulgar unhealthy books, Magazines, Posters and Transparent tempting dresses were burnt.

Sharell शारेल February 7, 2013 at 9:25 am

Wow, great info, thanks Sandeep!

kooldudej February 7, 2013 at 1:02 am

Hi Sharell

Was this your first trip to Odisha??Which places did u visit there?

Sharell शारेल February 7, 2013 at 9:24 am

The answers to your questions are contained in my other post about my Odisha trip!

Chetan Naik February 8, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Hi Sharell

My wife is white too. We stay in Mumbai & have 2 kids, one white and the second dark complexioned. If you would like to be my wife’s friend on facebook pls lemme know. She may learn a lot from you about living in India.

Dev February 9, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Do I get a degree?

e.g. Bachelor of Indian decency

Ravindran Nair February 11, 2013 at 8:25 am

If you look at my Computer’s browsing history I think I need to enroll in the school ASAP.

Gaurab February 11, 2013 at 7:07 pm

I don’t think the west to be indecent.

prithviraj33 February 20, 2013 at 1:21 am

Please explain to me how the west is NOT indecent. I will even give you five categories:

Family
Entertainment
Foreign Policy
Morality
Society

In which of these categories is the west not indecent? It is incredible how the Hindu and Sikh concepts of Kalyug perfectly align with the age of Western rule over the world:

“1. Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of dharma will occur.
2. People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.
3. Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
4. Sin will increase exponentially, whilst virtue will fade and cease to flourish.
5. People will take vows and break them soon after.
6. People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
7. Gurus (Teachers) will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama will wrest control of the mind from all human beings.The maximum lifespan of a human in this age is 90-100 years.
8. Brahmans will not be learned or honored, Kshatriyas will not be brave, Vaishyas will not be just in their dealings”

Indians who blindly ape the west and worship it, are in fact cowards to their very core. People will try to paint the majority of Indians who agree with these statements as ignorant people, but the truth is that they are on the side of Dharma.

Kay in India February 13, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Ya know, what’s interesting is that all of the people I’ve met from Odisha call it Orrisa! I just met a girl who owns a hotel chain there, and she has no qualms calling her state Orrisa! I get confused half the time as no Indian person I know calls Bombay ‘Mumbai’…it’s like they don’t even know what ‘Mumbai’ is!!!

The only name that’s stuck seems to be Chennai. No one says Madras anymore, they call the city Chennai!

In any cayse, lovely post! Hope to read more about Odisha!

Sharell शारेल February 15, 2013 at 1:13 pm

So true! It’s a case of how “politically correct” one wants to be. Lots of people in Mumbai don’t even like its new name… they prefer and identify with Bombay. So, I guess people like to stick with what’s familiar to them.

ASG February 15, 2013 at 9:49 am

Hi Sharrel,

Happu “Basant Panchami” to you and family. May Goddess Saraswati bless you with knowledge and wisdom. Do Oriya women wear yellow saris and worship Goddess Saraswati this day.

Shalu Sharma February 19, 2013 at 5:08 am

Nice photo. Reminds me of Taliban’s Ministry of Prevention of Vice and Promotion of Virtue, although not in the same league.