My Husband’s New EP Release

by Sharell शारेल on September 4, 2013

in Family & Friends

Post image for My Husband’s New EP Release

Anyone who’s read my blog for a while will know I rarely write about my husband and his work. I like to let him have his privacy as much as possible. However, his new EP was released a couple of days ago, and I’m so darn proud of him I have to share it here.

When we moved to Mumbai five years ago, my husband gave up DJing and music to do the “right thing” and work in the family business. Except, he ended up feeling so unhappy. His passion was music and he wanted to get into production. He devoted all his spare time to teaching himself and learning from friends.

And this is the result! If you’re into EDM (electronic dance music) and techno, you can check it out here and buy it.

It’s very exciting that the EP is current sitting at #28 on the Beatport Techno Top 100 Releases chart, up from #33 yesterday.

Party on!

Party is on!

Also check out his website (which I made).

© Copyright 2013 Sharell शारेल, Diary of a White Indian Housewife 2008-2014. All Rights Reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.

Anand September 5, 2013 at 1:05 am

never seen a post for your husband before though i knew he was a DJ and interested in music. glad he is following his passion now. Good Luck Pradeep.. :)

tina v September 5, 2013 at 3:16 am

This is amazing! I love EDM! I will check it out. He should do a podcast as well. That how I listen to all the other DJ’s Avici, Laidback Luke, Tiesto, Hardwell. They all have them.

LeeAnn September 5, 2013 at 5:43 am

This is great news. I can’t wait to listen to it, but as I am work I will have to wait until I get home. :)

Kay September 5, 2013 at 9:55 am

Congratulations to your husband!

ASG September 5, 2013 at 10:32 am

Hi Sharrel,

Congratulations to your husband. He looks handsome in the pic. It is a music video. I bet you could feature in it.

Penfold September 5, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Love this music. $7 bit on the pricey side for the ep will wait for the album to purchase :D

Amelia September 5, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Congrats to your husband and you too! You both have something to celebrate, :-)

A. Madhavan September 6, 2013 at 5:27 am

Great news! I will check it out, I love new music to listen to. You guys go and celebrate this weekend – you must be so proud! :)

Amita September 6, 2013 at 8:27 am

Congrats to you and your Husband.
I did not know what an EP is.I had to google it :)

Kannan September 6, 2013 at 9:36 am

Congrats to your husband!! Just bought the ‘Silent Attack’ track. Generally not into techno music but this one is trippy! Very cool :)

He should also consider uploading it to http://www.cdbaby.com They distribute it to various outlets like iTunes, Amazon, Raphsody, Spotify, etc. He should also consider putting it on Youtube so that more people can discover it and buy it if they like it. Hopes he makes more awesome music and keeps following his passion. Best wishes!

NotIndianNorthAmerican September 7, 2013 at 5:01 am

Love your blog and thank you for sharing a little bit about your husband.

Deep September 7, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Just purchased and listened to the 1st song… I really liked it.. I think Maharana should consider foray into Bollywood music…

Sharell शारेल September 7, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Thank you! :-) Maharana has already been involved in Bollywood music production and wanted to get away from it!

Deep September 8, 2013 at 12:51 am

Music 2 and 3 even better… Think about uploading on Youtube in lines of “Kolaveri Di”…. Bollywood is exploitive, but all he needs is that one break to compose a song for Salman or Shahruk!!

Gary September 9, 2013 at 8:39 am

I do not into EDM and techno at all, but I thought it sounded good, and professionally made (as opposed to just some hobbyist stuff). Congrats to Pradeep.

Deb September 10, 2013 at 6:15 am

Love it! You know what this is really great for is working out and even hula hooping. My sister teaches hoopdance using hula hoops. A fun way to exercise and this music is perfect for a longer routine – the beat is great for a workout.

I’m used to purchasing from iTunes because I’m in the U.S. with an iPhone – when we purchase, does it download as an MP3 that we can put on a smartphone (I’m not sure what you call the iPhones and Android phones in India – they are “smartphones” here)?

Abhi September 24, 2013 at 3:27 pm

They’re called smartphones here as well.

BombayJules September 11, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Absolutely LOVING it!

Cathy September 11, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Congratulations !!

Tatiana September 16, 2013 at 1:26 pm

SO COOL! I love EDM and my fave dj is Danny Tenaglia.
You and your husband would love an event called Burning Man….!
You can read about my experience in my blog.
I like your blog a lot, especially when you bring up the more serious issues.
: )

Sharell शारेल September 17, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Oh, we have a friend who goes to Burning Man and have heard all about it from him. It sounds out of this world! :-)

Tamasha the Choto Rani September 17, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Awwwww…….
That brought back fond memories of going to Burning Man in the early 90′s in a peacock ‘showgirl’ outfit. Walking/dancing in 4 inch platform heels in the sand & silt of Black Rock was a bit of a challenge. But what blast!
I miss all the music/art/wine/alternative whatever fairs & festivals in California & the western US.

Brittany October 4, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Your husband looks soo icy cool on that album cover! That’s what I call swag (American slang for cool and confident!)

Sharell शारेल October 5, 2013 at 11:17 am

Thank you! (I took that photo of him). ;-)

rishabh October 17, 2013 at 12:42 pm

lets place is simple , you can only be more into any thing or aroused by something , which you want to do ,you have to find out what you really want , In the whole world till now , no one ever achieve something which they don’t want , ITS A FACT , but still in India , its a beat off game of life , some are getting it and some are still at their bottle neck of life and still doesn’t know what to do , and due to illusion of money+family and what they call social status possessions , they can’t do anything ….said by an engineer-turning photographer .

Sharell शारेल October 18, 2013 at 10:47 am

One of my Indian friends is an MBA (from a family of doctors) turned photographer. I know what he had to go through, so congratulations to you on being able to make the change. It’s not easy at all. The good news is that he’s successful and well recognised now, so the struggle was worth it.